We discuss about the weight loss myths and weight loss facts that will surprise you. You can also learn here some secret weight loss tips and tricks to help you lose fat quickly!
Though it is true that losing weight is one of the most challenging tasks for obese people, there are ways to make this task easier and convenient. What a majority of weight loss aspirants don’t realize is that remaining slim or fit is all about healthy lifestyle and not just about weight loss supplements and fat burning programs that fail to deliver results as promised.
There are many weight loss myths that are far from fact. Read why low carb diet is not effective and what lifestyle changes result in permanent weight loss in this article on weight loss tips and tricks. Alright it is now time to bust the weight loss myths and learn about the real weight loss facts.
5 Top Weight Loss Myths and Weight Loss Facts
Myth 1: Cutting down on carbohydrate is the key to Weight Loss
Fact: Carbohydrate is an essential component of food required by the body for many essentials functions. Low carb diet may show some weight loss effect in the beginning but continued use of low carb diet is neither possible nor recommended
Myth 2: Skipping breakfast or dieting as a whole is the best solution
Fact: Breakfast is the most important meal of day. It kick starts your metabolism for the whole day. If you skip breakfast or go for dieting, your body goes into starvation mode which simply means that it starts storing fat for future use. In such situations, a majority of people start gaining weight instead of losing weight. The weighing scale reading during dieting is usually an indicator of body’s lost fluid or water loss.
Myth 3: Fat loss means compromising on taste
Fact: No way. In fact you may explore a variety of low fat foods that are not only healthy but also tastier than your regular food. All you need to do is spend some time on the internet and explore some of the most common highly recommended tasty food for weight loss.
Myth 4: Rice is fattening
Fact: It depends upon the method of cooking the overall calorie that you consume. If you top your food with calorie rich seasonings, butter, ghee, margarine or regular mayonnaise, then obviously you will be fatter by eating such food. Here the culprits is additional items that you add to rice not the rice itself. The trick is to go for healthy vegetable options.Adding a lot of green leafy vegetable will add taste to rice and will satisfy your taste buds as well.
Myth 5: Egg increases cholesterol level and may interfere with weight loss program
Fact: Continued research has proved it that egg is one of the most nutritious food. It is a rich source of protein which is essential for the body. Surprisingly, despite being full of cholesterol, it does not raise blood cholesterol level in more than 70% of people.
Simple Lifestyle Changes for Permanent Weight Loss
As mentioned in the beginning of the post that remaining fit is all about healthy lifestyle, lets take a look at some of the easiest lifestyle changes that make a big difference in every weight loss aspirant’s life.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of water the first thing every morning. It will flush harmful toxins out of the body and bowel movement will be regular. Make it a habit and see the difference.
- Takes stairs in place of elevator wherever and whenever possible. If time is not a constraint make it a habit to use stairs and keep on adding a few steps every day.
- Do not skip your breakfast. Though it might seem like old school day lessons, it is a fact that those who eat healthy breakfast, are healthier than those who skip breakfast.
- Eat as much fruits and green vegetables as possible.
- Walking is the easiest exercise no matter how old you are. If you cannot brisk walk, even slow walking will give you amazing results. However, the key is to maintain regularity. Every day half an hour of walk will make a huge difference.
- Do not combine two or more weight loss supplements or diet plans unless recommended.
- Always seek medical advice if you are suffering from any chronic ailment or are on some kind of medication.