Bloating is a common problem that affects around 30% of the people which is uncomfortable and makes you feel overweight.
Bloating can be caused due to many contributing factors which may include intestinal bacteria, buildup of gas in the gut, ulcers and constipation.
Herbal teas works best as a natural remedy to treat bloating and to get relief.
Below are herbal teas that can be tried when you experience bloating to get relief from it.
- Angelica root tea is derived from a herb with bitter flavor. These bitter compounds in the Angelica root tea promote healthy digestion to treat bloating. Experts warn that pregnant women should not consume this tea and better consult a doctor before taking this tea.
- Green tea has many health benefits ranging from weight loss to preventing heart disease. Green tea can give you relief from bloating as it has catechins and antioxidants. Catechins are known to soothe muscles of gastrointestinal tract. Green tea can also improve digestive system.
- Lemon tea can give you instant relief form worst case of bloating. Lemon tea contains d-limonene, which has anti-inflammatory properties. It soothes the stomach and gives you relief from discomfort. Add slices of one lemon and boil it in water.
- Dandelion root tea has many health benefits and also helps in flushing out toxins from the body. It also helps you to get relief from bloating and gas in the stomach.
- Hibiscus tea contains flavonoids that can work on aldosterone that maintains water-electrolytes balance. This herbal tea can help your stomach to get rid of excess fluids from your body.
- Caraway tea is a good solution to those who often face bloating problems. Caraway seeds have antimicrobial and carminative properties. They can treat bloating and stomach problems. Boil caraway seeds in water and sip it when hot slowly.
- Chamomile tea is known for its healing and calming properties to treat digestive disorders like gas, indigestion, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, ulcer and bloating. Chamomile can prevent Helicobacter pylori bacterial infections which causes gastric ulcers and bloating. For this boil dried chamomile in water or use tea bags. You can add small amount of honey to get sweet taste.
- Gentian root tea is bitter in taste and many people consume it by adding honey and chamomile. Gentian root is used for its medicinal properties and is good for treating digestive problems like bloating. Gentian root tastes bitter due to its compounds like iridoids and flavonoids that stimulate release of digestive juices to break food and relieve bloating. To make tea, add half teaspoon of dried gentian root in boiling water.
- Fennel tea: Fennel seeds are beneficial to treat gastric problems like constipation, bloating and abdominal pain. Fennel extract can prevent ulcers and reduce bloating. It also gives you relief from sluggish bowels. A cup of fennel tea can improve bowel movements and can prevent chronic constipation.
- Ginger tea is beneficial to get rid of toxins from the stomach and to reduce intestinal cramping when bloating. Ginger has a spicy flavor with numerous benefits.
- Peppermint tea can give you relief from stomach disorders with a delicious flavor which is also refreshing. It relaxes the gut and relieves you of intestinal spasms. It also reduces abdominal pain.
- Wormwood tea tastes bitter but is rich in healing properties. Honey or lemon juice can be mixed with it to make it taste better. It can give you relief form indigestion and discomfort of stomach problems. It can also work on parasites that cause bloating.