Its summer season and we simply can’t resist from drinking cool drinks, eating ice creams, ice golas and what not! Sure, they are very tempting but can easily lead to summer colds which can be irritating to say the least. No worries though as we will tell you here 8 natural remedies on how to treat cold in summer. We’re sure you would find our summer cold remedies very easy to implement. So the next time you get summer cold, try out the summer cold treatment we have for you and keep the cold at bay!
Due to high temperature in Summer Season, we may face many health issues. Some of the most common health problems are Dehydration, Sudden Rise in Body Temperature, Sun Stroke and even Cold in a few people. We often hear that Cold is equal to 100 diseases. So let us now see how to treat Cold in Summer Season in this post. Instead of taking a tablet that gives only a temporary relief, let us take a look at a few simple tips to treat cold that occur in summer season.
How to Treat Cold in Summer With Summer Cold Remedies
- Take hot water in a cup and add a spoon of turmeric and salt to this hot water. Gargle with this water for few seconds. Gargle with this water every three hours for best results.
- Take a cup of hot water mixed with a spoon of turmeric. Drink this turmeric water for every three/four hours to get relief from cold this summer season.
- Loss of antioxidants through excess sweat in summer seasons results in reduced immunity. Reduction of immunity may result in getting Summer Cold, so you need to take Vitamin C rich foods. Vitamin C help in providing your body with antioxidants which in turn provide immunity and thus resistance to infections like Cold. So eat fruits like oranges, papaya, strawberry, broccoli that are rich sources of Vitamin C.
- Usually we apply commonly available relief balms to our nose to get instant relief from cold. Instead of applying these balms, massage eucalyptus oil on your chest to get relief.
- Ginger contains chemical agents that fight cold causing agents and viruses and boost our resistance. So drink ginger tea to get relief from cold in short time. You can also add some garlic to ginger tea for wonderful results.
- Even though we think that coconut water increases cold if we drink them in summer season, it is not true. Common cold in summer is mainly caused by increased temperature . So by drinking coconut water, we can reduce the temperature of our body and avoid cold. Proteins and Vitamins in coconut water help in reducing cold.
- Add a spoonful of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and drink them for relief from cold.
- As our body gets dehydrated quickly due to high temperature in summer season our body’s immunity system gets lowered and are attacked by infections like cold. So you need to consume enough fluids this summer season to stay hydrated. Make fruit juices, watery fruits and butter milk as a part of your diet. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
We hope you get quick relief from summer cold using our summer cold remedies. Also check out our article on Common Cold Treatments.
Originally posted 2016-05-01 14:17:21.