In this Yoga video article, we introduce to you Paschimottanasana, an asana for your overall health. Check out Paschimottanasana yoga steps and Paschimottanasana benefits here in detail.
Contrary to common belief that yoga is a set of asanas or postures recommended for various health benefits, Yoga is a full discipline for overall mental and physical health. Yoga as a whole is a means to achieve spiritual wellbeing which may eventually lead to being in perfect union with the creator or almighty. However, before achieving that level of well-being, remaining physically fit is the pre-requisite and various types of asanas are recommended for curing various ailments. In this article we will talk about the weight loss yoga which is also a great spine flexibility exercise in detail. But before moving into it, let’s take a quick look at various yoga postures.
What Yoga Postures are Good for Overall Health
Though regular yoga practice can treat many ailments, there must be a systematic plan and perfect guidance before you start practicing yoga. Many yogis and gurus have developed and taught their own methods of yoga which are usually slightly different from the original posture. However, all methods of yogic exercise have one thing in common. All of them promote and encourage development of flexibility in the whole body especially in spine which is a kind of main support for the whole upper body. The flexible the spine is , the better are the chance of remaining disease free. It is therefore recommended to practice those postures that make the spine supple.
Paschimottanasana Yoga Video
Paschimottanasana Yoga Pose for Spinal Flexibility and Overall Health
Paschimottanasana is a combined form of two words; Paschim and Asana. Though Paschim means west, it refers to the back of human body from head to toe and asana means “posture”. The word pashchimotansana means posture of the back or spine to be precise as this posture stretches the spine to its maximum possible extent and in the process benefits the whole body. In animals, the spine remains horizontal and heart remains below the spine that gives them more endurance than humans who have heart in vertical position resulting in heart diseases and many other ailments that animals don’t suffer from.
In pashchimottanasana, the heart remains below the level of spine and in the process, massages the abdominal organs, spinal column and the heart itself. The pelvic region and gonad glands receive more nutrients from the oxygenated blood that flow through them as a result of stretching the entire posterior. It goes without saying that abdomen remains pressed against the thighs that result in belly fat loss after regular practice of this asana. This for sure makes Paschimottanasana an excellent Fat Loss Yoga Exercise.
Paschimottanasana Yoga Steps – How to Perform Paschimottanasana
- Sit with legs completely stretched and touching each other in front. Take a few deep breaths.
- Exhale and hold your toes while keeping your spine as straight as possible. Initially a hump will be created on the back but is will vanish after regular practice and the spine will start becoming straight. In fact you should practice up to this point first before trying to bend.
- Once your spine remains straight while your are holding your toes, you can start to bend forward. Initially it will be difficult but keep stretching slowly day by day. Gradually you can touch your knees with forehead.
- Keep your elbows touching the ground while touching your knees with forehead. Make sure that you legs keep touching the ground and do not bend at knees. You are now in the Paschimottanasana.
- Remain in this position for as long as you can starting with a few seconds to 3 and half hours depending upon your stamina. After mastering up to this position, advanced practitioners may grip the soles while interlocking the fingers behind the soles and try to touch the knees with chin.
- Do not make any jerky movement while performing Paschimottanasana. Bend and touch the knees slowly without putting extra tension on your muscles.
- Pregnant ladies should not perform this asana.
- Those suffering from Ulcer, Asthma or Slip Disc should avoid Paschimottanasana.
- Patients who have undergone stomach surgery for any reason, should also avoid it
Paschimottanasana Yoga Benefits
- Paschimottanasana helps in managing diabetes
- Paschimottanasana relieves stress
- Paschimottanasana cures impotency and boosts sexual power
- Paschimottanasana tones up entire digestion system and pelvic region
- Paschimottanasana aids in Weight loss and belly fat reduction
- Paschimottanasana yoga pose calms the mind and works as a stress reliever
- If you are below 18 years of age, Paschimottanasana yoga may also increase your height
- Paschimottanasana regulates menstrual cycles
Shapeshifter Yoga By Kris Fondran
If you are a beginner looking to start yoga for burning fat and getting back in great shape, then Kris Fondran’s Shapeshifter Yoga will work wonders for you. This whole yoga course is a great substitute for yoga classes if you cannot go for regular classes. Results are remarkable and you get step by step instructions through audio and video. What’s more it will cost you a fraction of the cost that you would pay for regular yoga classes. It comes with a 60-day free trial period when you order it from the official site.
Originally posted 2016-01-01 04:05:10.