Bhujangasana or Cobra Pose Yoga is an effective yoga posture that heals neck pain and spondylosis. Bhujangasana yoga is also effective in giving weight loss, improving body flexibility and overall health. Find out more such Bhujangasana benefits and Cobra Pose Yoga basics here.
Many postures in Yoga are inspired by animals and surprisingly most of them have almost similar effect on humans as well. Bhujangasana Yoga is one such posture that resembles a cobra and makes the yogi’s body flexible similar to cobra’s. This is why Bhujangasana is also known as Cobra Pose Yoga. Though it is true that human body cannot be as supple as a snake’s body, the suppleness and agility obtained by performing this Cobra Pose Yoga is enough for human body’s wellness and overall health.
Below Bhujangasana Pose Picture
How to Perform Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose Yoga Basics
“Bujanga” in Sanskrit means “snake” and “asana” is posture. Simply speaking, Bhujangasana means snake or cobra posture with raised hood. Performing this yoga asana is very simple. Here are the steps:
- Lie straight on your stomach with toes touching each other and forehead resting on the ground.
- Put your palms under your shoulder but close to your torso.
- Inhale deeply and raise your head, chest and abdomen up to a point so that your navel keeps touching the ground. And the whole torso remains stretched as backward as possible supported by our arms while your palms rest on ground.
- Try to straighten your arms as much as possible and stretch your spine backwards to the maximum possible limits within your stamina and endurance. Make sure that you do not strain your spine during the initial days. Keep practicing and soon you can straighten your arms fully while making a curve of your spine without any extra pressure.
Practicing Bujangasana Yoga regulary will have a remarkable effect on your neck pain and spondylitis as a whole.
Below Beautiful Woman Doing Bhujangasana Yoga Pose Photo
- Weight Loss
- Belly Fat Reduction
- Improves Blood Circulation
- Strengthening of the Entire Spine and Shoulders
- Overall Flexibility in the Body
- Fatigue Relief
- Constipation Relief and Better Digestion
Precautions of Bhujangansana Yoga
Pregnant women should not practice this cobra pose posture for neck pain relief. They may try various other exercises for neck pain relief during pregnancy.
Do not practice Bhujangansana Yoga if you are suffering from Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.
There are many other postures that can be performed regularly as yoga for spondylitis or neck pain relief. One of them are the Cervical Spondylosis Yoga Poses which we have talked about in detail. We’ll cover some of the most important ones in separate posts as each of them has its own benefits and precautions.
We hope you found our Cobra Pose Yoga Basics easy to understand. We wish you all the success in improving your health with regular practice of the Bhujangasana Yoga and reap the many Bhujangasana Benefits.
Originally posted 2016-05-01 13:44:29.