What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp (not to be confused with a dry scalp). It is a type of scalp irritation.
Now it is faced by many people is getting aggravated due to pollution.
Causes of Dandruff
- Dandruff is sometimes caused by frequent exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Dandruff is caused by microorganism named as Pityrosporum-ovle.
- Dandruff is also caused by fungus namely, Seborrheic Dermatitis.
- Over secretions of the sebaceous glands (Oil glands) may also result in dandruff.
- Psoriasis may also the one of the cause for dandruff, as psoriasis makes the skin dry and forms scales.
Home Tips for Dandruff:
- Take few drops of eucalyptus oil and add them to henna mixture. This mixture gives your hair dark copper colour even before applying it to the hair. This mixture makes your hair to get rid of dandruff and also makes your hair shining.
- Apply thick aloe vera gel from leaves on the scalp and leave over night. Take shampoo bath the next morning.
- Coconut oil is the best remedy for dandruff, it keeps the scalp oily and so scales are not formed and prevents dryness of the scalp.
Let’s learn some recipes for anti dandruff preparations.